September 07, 2011

Energy Bites

Ive been pinning recipes like no body's business. I found this little gem and hoped for once I might get my kids to eat something of substance!

Energy Bites found here on my Pinterest or here for their home blog.


They were really good! They remind me of nature candy I learned to make in elementary school. The honey is really noticeable. At first I didnt love them, but by my second one I am hooked!


Baker has yet to try one, Avery asked that the "new thing would taste good" when he was saying the dinner prayer, but I dont think he has actually taken a bite yet.

I made a few changes. I used butterscotch chips and bran flakes instead of flax (its what I had)
These will be great for my commute to work in the morning!

Another great Pinterest find!

Energy Bites
1 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup peanut butter (or other nut butter)
1/3 cup honey
1 cup coconut flakes
1/2 cup ground flaxseed
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla

1 comment:

Kelsey Kamauu said...

hmmm looks interesting ;) your boys are so funny :)