November 05, 2011

Sun Dried Tomato Basil Hummus

Since I live in Hawaii, I can have fresh basil in my garden year round. (don't hate) Well, my basil is doing so good right now and I wanted to put it to use! This is one of our favorite snacks.

I basically just dump everything together, so the measurements are approximate. Just use what you feel like :)


Sun Dried Tomato Basil Hummus

2 cans chick peas, drained
4-6 sun dried tomatoes
3 cloves garlic
10 or so fresh basil leaves
1 t salt
ground pepper to taste
1/2 C olive oil

Add everything together in a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth. You may have to add additional olive oil if you aren't getting a smooth consistency. Super easy!!

Enjoy with pita chips or carrot sticks!

Store in fridge



YUM!

3 comments:

Jason said...

sounds awesome, i will give it a try

Jason said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
M said...

Num. I am going to try this!