January 26, 2010

Buttercup Bag

I knew I had to make this bag as soon as I saw it.

Thanks to Rae at Made By Rae for posting this totally adorable Buttercup Bag tutorial!



I used some birthday fabric given to me on my lucky number 29 birthday by Aunt Spicy. I love the fabric, but I think for this bag a more sturdy fabric would be better. The lining is of course hot pink.

This was my first time doing pleats and using a magnetic snap!

This bag was so fun to make, you can be sure there will be more buttercup bags in my future!

On a side note, the chair the bag is on is one of my all time favorite chairs. It has a long crazy history and its pretty random that I ended up with it. But thats a story for another day!


8 comments:

Welcome to Lulu's life. said...

This is my favorite bag pattern. I have lined a couple of these bags. Try to use a light to mid-weight interfacing otherwise they are too stiff. I love the fabric you chose it's beautiful!

-Emily (Julie B's sis)

Welcome to Lulu's life. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lindi said...

Love it! So super impressed. You are getting so good.

JJ said...

Wow! WOW! I absolutely love it! And the fabric is perfect for the bag, way to go!

eckleinman said...

love it! How can you get away with using such a small purse with a new baby? I am resigned to my sucky enormous diaper bag. Anyhow, I have used midweight interfacing (the fusible stuff) and it works wonders. I accidentally bought the non-fusible and will never make that mistake again. You may have to make another bag!

Laura said...

LOVE IT! Where do you find the time! Such talent!

Julie said...

Love those bags, have you seen the one my sister made for me? love the fabric you chose.

Nicole said...

Impressive. I want one!