May 25, 2009

The need to craft

While browsing the local JoAnn with my friend Aunt Spicy, I came across this great dinosaur fabric. I knew Avery would love it but I wasnt sure what I would use it for. Last night I was feeling the need to craft. I wanted something super easy that I could start and finish in one sitting. I decided to make a pillow case for Avery. He has been super sick all weekend and was happy to have something fun to sleep with (and I was happy for some incentive to get him sleeping in his own bed!) The accent fabric is this great polka dot from Walmart! I think it turned out pretty cute. Pardon the wrinkles, he already slept on it!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is super cute! I should have hired you to make bedding for my girls. They don't have many cute sheets. Especially for toddler beds. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to enjoy it from your blog pics. What a lucky boy! Oh, and I hope he is all better.

JJ said...

Aut, what a great job! The double polka dots look perfect as the edge! Bless Avery's heart, I hope he starts to feel better and this works! What a great trip to Joanns!

Tender Mercies said...

You are such a cute mom, Autumn!