March 02, 2009

I finished the blanket, now where's the baby?

I have been working on this little blanket for a while now, and I love how it turned out. I did small 3" squares with fleece on the back. Instead of tying it, which is what I normally do, I took the advice of my friend Amber and sewed with my machine along the seams to sort of quilt it. It is so soft and feels so nice! 

So the blanket is done, but I have to wait for July for the baby. Yep, we are adding a baby to our family in July and I think he/she will love this little togi, as Avery calls it (togi is his blanket). 


It has yellow, white, yellow gingham, and monkey with green leaves flannel, and cream soft squares with hearts. 

The back is banana peals, it goes with the monkey theme on the front. I think it goes, does it? Too late now!


Big brother with the "togi"


And finally for your viewing pleasure, here is a photo of Avery's latest trick, two sippie cups at once! I'm so proud. But seriously who drinks water and milk at the same time! 


13 comments:

Laura said...

YAY!!!! Congrats on baby number two!!!!! So happy for your little family!! Love the blanket what a lucky little bean! Hope you are feeing great! Love ya!

Terina said...

Congratulations! That is SO exciting!!!

Tender Mercies said...

I'm so excited for you Autumn. I hope you know I'm on the list... if you need ANYTHING...

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I'm excited for you guys. You are so on top of things to already have a blanket made and it's super cute.

Unknown said...

Congrats Aut! I am so happy for you guys! Super cute "Togi".

***LIZ*** said...

Yay!!! Congrats, how exciting! I love the blanket too, you are quite the quilter. I am going to try to use you pics for inspiration.

The Payne family said...

That is so great that you are having another baby! Gosh, I've really got a lot of ground to cover to try to catch all of you guys. I guess that'll just have to wait though. I hope you have a little girl this time cause I bet she would be so stinkin cute!

HaskinsHouse said...

Totally love the blanket what a wonderful choicce of colors. Who's baby is that, he is sure a cutie patootie!!! great job, Congratulations on the new pRegnancy. I hope it goes well for you

eckleinman said...

The blanket looks unbelievable! Your seams seem to be so straight (you like that??) Now you will have to make me one.

Julie said...

Love the blanket, I am so excited you guys are having another baby! Let me know if you need anything!

Sherrie said...

Congratulations! Are you waiting to find out the gender? Exciting!

JJ said...

Aut, that blanket is just fantastic! I love that you did small squares, so very cute. I am super impressed that all the squares line up so perfectly!

Nicole said...

Congrats on another little one! Are you going to find out the gender? I loved your Dr. Seuss poem... story of my life I get random things stuck in my head ALL the time. It's even worse now that Carter is in school and learns all these little catchy poems and songs. Good luck with the pregnancy, I hope your feeling good. Oh and the quilt is awesome too!