July 22, 2011

Picky Picky Bran Muffins

My little one does not eat very much. Actually, Im not sure how he has so much energy all the time. I mean how much nutrition can one tater tot provide?

So Im always trying to think of things besides chicken nuggets and marshmallows to feed him.

This morning I whipped up a batch of these babies. And they were a hit! (and healthy to boot!)



All-Bran Muffins
(makes 12)

1 1/4 C flour
1/2 or 1/3 sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt

2 C All-Bran cereal
1 1/4 C milk (I use skim)

1 egg
1/4 C oil (I use veggie)
1 tablespoon honey (I usually just eyeball it)
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon ( we are cinnamon freaks so I add almost a tablespoon)

Stir together cereal and milk in a medium size bowl. Let sit till the cereal is nice and soggy.
Add in the egg, oil, and honey. Stir it up.
Add all the dry ingredients and stir to combine.

Line muffin tin with cupcake papers if you dont like washing muffin tins, or if you dont care just spray Pam in muffin tin. Fill the papers most of the way up, making 12 muffins.

Bake at 400 degrees for about 15 min.

Easy!

Make some for a picky eater.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Looks super tasty! I will have to try it!

MaiTy said...

.... I'm going to make these..... SOON!

Anonymous said...

These are delicious and very easy to make! My one year old and my hubby both enjoyed them!

The recipe didn't say what kind of All Bran cerial to use, I used the flakes because that's what was in the cupboard!