November 27, 2009

A Christmas Purse

Its finally that time of year when its OK to carry a Christmas purse. I just finished this baby and I am pretty happy with how it turned out. I followed the Moda Bake Shop tutorial {found here} with a few changes. Some intentional, some happy surprises. Lets just say I learned a lot.

I used a combo of Michael Miller Funky Christmas and random Christmas fabrics from Joann that I had in my stash.

One side is red...

The other is green...

I am absolutely in love with the polka dot lining...

And plenty of pockets on the sides, the perfect place to stash binkis, cars, pretzels, sharks, mints, and Star Wars guys.

Now I need to Christmas-ify the rest of my house! Cant wait.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super cute. I'm amazed at all the cute things you make. And, I don't know about you, but I can never find bags with the right amount of pockets. BTW what do you do for work? You never talk about it...

Erica said...

So darling! I love it!

Julie said...

well you have busy today, i love it! It turned out adorable, I still need to make mine.

eckleinman said...

Ecxellent! Grandma will be so proud!

JJ said...

STOP!!!! That is adorable! The fabric really is so merry + bright, cant wait to see it in person!

Laura said...

Um I need that how do I put in an order????? No joke you make it I'll pay for it!!!!

Lindi said...

Can we make a purse for every holiday please?! I love it!

tinybubbles said...

Ohhhh! You are sooo talented! I love it!